Preserving the Beauty of Flowers


In the summer I enjoy walking in the mountain meadows and down by the creek.  I find the most beautiful flowers and leaves, and they are irresistible.  By the time I come home, my little basket is filled with lovely blooms. 

I press them between heavy books, and when they are dry, laminate them and cut the clear sheets into shapes and attach a ribbon.  They make beautiful bookmarks for friends, family, and my readers.  I often enclose them as gifts with my signed books- as a personal keepsake from our homestead in Montana.  Making these bookmarks is a labor of love.  




                                To find out more about my work and mountain life visit:                                              

    www.nancyquinnauthor.com

Comments

Popular Posts