Hand Painted Glass



My Stained glass Look Alike


I have always been a fan of stained glass.  Since I didn't feel I had the time, resources, or talent for it, I found a new way to achieve the same look of textured, colored glass, by mixing glazes, and hand painting the sheets of glass panels in my kitchen cabinets.  Upon close inspection, it looks like cut glass soldered together. 

I used the wildflowers in our front meadow for inspiration. I drew the designs in sections, mixed the glazes in different colors and opacity, and then applied them with a paintbrush to create texture.  It was a fun project and worth the time and effort.

Later, I found out one of my flowers- was actually a weed!  I'm brushing up on Montana's flower identification.  
  



For more real life experiences on our homestead in the modern wild west, I hope you will enjoy my books, art, and videos. 



Nancy Quinn is an internationally known wildlife artist whose work is noted for its detail and accuracy. She is the recipient of two World Wildlife Art Championship awards and the subject of numerous articles about animal art.  Her first book, "Go West, Young Woman!" has won the prestigious Will Rogers Medallion Award Bronze Medal.   She now happily resides on a mountainside in Montana with her husband, daughters, dogs, and horses, where she continues to paint and write about her experiences living in the wild.


Comments

Popular Posts